Serious Illness Diagnosis
You are not Alone
When experiencing the trauma of diagnosis and cancer treatment a person can feel so alone. At Spectrum Counselling, we want you to know you are not alone. We work together with "Slainte and Chlair" which is a support organisation based in Clare dealing with Cancer Care. Pick up the phone and make contact us or Slainte an Chlair. Together as a group, one can learn to expand their capacity to bear what was once unbearable.
"People need to take action and this makes a difference. Even in the smallest ways."
Why Take Action?
Taking action restores a sense of control and directly counteracts the sense of powerlessness that is the identifying mark of serious illness. Taking action can be
- getting in touch with support such as Slainte an Chlair ( Clare Cancer Support ).
- Slainte and Chlair, Tir Mhuire, Lechaun East, Kilnamona, Ennis, Clare. V95 RF4W
- Tel: 087 6912396
- Email: email@example.com
- making an appointment with Bridget Haren at firstname.lastname@example.org
- going for a massage
- having reflexology
- joining in the weekly tai-chi class or the relaxation/meditation group
Do whatever you can.
Never assume that any gesture is too small. In a situation that is overwhelming, you don't go for the big picture. You go for what is closest to you and where it can make a difference.
Spectrum runs support groups for people affected by cancer and also families.
Sláinte an Chláir is a voluntary organisation at Kilnamona and Raheen, Scarriff which supports the people of Clare and their families affected by cancer. It provides a range of supportive services and treatments from trained personnel that work alongside your medical treatment.
Services include counselling, lymphoedema management, nutritional advice, meditation, reflexology, Tai Chi, Arts & Crafts and much more. All services are free of charge and are only possible due to the very kind support from the people of Clare who fundraise.
- A 24 hour support line
- Information on social welfare entitlements
- A relaxed environment where you can discuss your needs and concerns confidentially
- Access to a counsellor
- Information leaflets provided by Irish Cancer Society
- Details of other support organisations
- Access to a range of services and social events at the Support Centre
- A wide range of classes such as Tai chi, Pottery, Painting and Knitting
- Reflexology, Reiki, Counsellor, massage and relaxation.
- Affiliated with the HSE. All staff and volunteers fully trained
Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor
087 939 2197
Bridget Haren DIP/MIACP/SEP
Get in Touch
If you or a loved one are affected by cancer and would like some support or if you would like to help support these services please get in touch.
DIP, MIACP ,SEP
About Bridget Haren
Bridget offers Energy Healing to support and deepen the counselling experience. Her many qualifications include healing techniques such as meditation and visualization. Click the button below to learn more about Bridget.
(Online Appointments Only during Covid 19)
Also available on appointment
Milltown Malbay Medical Centre